The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), in collaboration with the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Graphene Research Centre (GC) at the National University of Singapore (NUS), is jointly organizing a School on Modern Topics in Condensed Matter Physics to take place in Singapore from 28th January to 8th February 2013.
This school aims to introduce modern concepts and methods in condensed matter physics, with a focus towards the physics in low dimensions, covering areas such as
- Strong correlations and frustration in low dimensions
- Topological phases and topological insulators
- Interfaces, heterostructures and their new phases
- Two dimensional crystals: Graphene and others
- Competing and exotic orders in complex materials
- Techniques and advances in material science
from both experimental and theoretical points of view. The school is intended predominantly for young scientists (student and researchers). Limited funds are available for participants from Asia.
The application form can be accessed at the activity website, http://agenda.ictp.it/smr.php?2504